Where's everybody Wednesday Roll Call?

steffihope
on 1/10/12 9:42 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good morning all of PA....where is everyone?!?!  I can't imagine that you are all sleeping! :)

I am up and at school.  The 8th graders are having their pictures for the yearbook taken today.  I had to actually set an alarm last night to remind myself that this was happening today so that I could do my hair.  The last few years I totally forgot when they were and my hair was always up. So, today, I showered and did my hair...not that it is such a big deal....but hey - it's done! :)

Today will be a crazy day - school, hair appointment, (I am getting more pink....my principal said something in jest yesterday about my hair and it pissed me off, I was getting more pink highlights anyway - but her "joke" kind of put me over the edge.....It is efffing hair people!!!!!)  Anyway - after that Larry and I are driving in to Montgomeryville to rent skis for the weekend.  Not sure how we are getting everything to the mountains on Friday, but we will make it work!

Hope you all have a great Wednesday!!!! 
Lisa H.
on 1/10/12 9:48 pm - Whitehall, PA
 Looks like me, you and Beth are all on the same brainwave.. scary.... anyway, deleted mine and adding to yours...oh and check your FB Steffi.. How do you know Beth Grubnick Rieg? She's the cousin I've been searching for in the NE for years!!!  The one who used to live on Benson St.. what the hell...

It's Wednesday, right?  I'm so confused anymore.. lol.   

We had to cancel Siehara's orthodontist and therapist appointments last night because she came home from school nauseous and throwing up.  I'm guessing she has a stomach bug.  We did NOT cancel the med check, though, because she needs her meds.  We spoke to the new psychiatrist and she seems to be much better than the last.  Siehara was speaking to her and smiling while she answered her questions.  The dr. asked her if she thought she could work harder at controlling her outbursts at school, especially in the afternoon, instead of changing her meds and she said she would.  She was very positive when we left there and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens.  Dr. said that if there still wasn't a change we would revisit her meds.  

After the appointment, we just came home and relaxed.  Even through her not feeling well, though, she did complete all of her chores on her list.  I let her get on the laptop for an hour with my direct supervision.  Slowly but surely, she is gaining my trust back.

Today, I'm working Aetna and Dress Barn.  I'm still not at the point where I feel I can leave the computer accessible to her while I'm out, so I will take the router cord with me as I have been in the past.  That way she cannot get online no matter what.  

I'm hoping she feels better tomorrow so she can go back to school.  In the meantime, I'll be sure she gets plenty of fluids in and I may have to run out and get her some crackers.   

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 1/10/12 9:56 pm

Lisa,

Hope Siehara is feeling better soon!

Steffi and I went to HS with Beth! Funny that she is your cousin, it IS a small world! I at one time in middle school was very friendly with her, but once we got to HS we went our separate ways....

I have Dee on punishment for two weeks and she is learning how to take it!!

Love, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 1/10/12 10:03 pm - Whitehall, PA
 OMG.. it truly is a small world.  I'm hoping she friends me on FB and that I can see her very soon.  I was trying to find her before the Bat Mitzvah, but had no luck.  

I have very little family left and would love to keep in touch with the ones I have left.  Siehara's actually named after her grandmother.. the Chana part of her Hebrew Name.. Aunt Honey was my mother's favorite relative EVER!!!

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 1/10/12 9:53 pm
GM Steffi and PA!

Seems that we posted roll call at the same time....WEIRD?!?!?

I decided to take a day off today....there is crap going on at work that I just needed to step away from!

Last night I came home and was so tired I crashed on the recliner. I came up to bed around midnight. Today I already took Dee to school and ate my breakfast. So, I need to take care of some things in the house as well as do some errands. Later I will pick up Dee and her friend and take them to hebrew school. While I am there I am going to talk to the director. Dee has been complaining for months about the boys in her classroom, how they always misbehave and how they never get to do any fun activities. She is also struggling at school, educationally that is. So, I need to figure out what to do!

Have a great day!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Patricia R.
on 1/11/12 12:11 am - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Steffi and PA,
I was starting this post when the visiting nurse came by.  She just left, after taking my history and dressing my wound.  She also checked my vital signs.  I will be getting a visiting nurse twice a week, and a physical therapist twice a week, for five to six weeks.  That is a huge answer to prayer.  

The rest of my day will be spent keeping the leg elevated, and crocheting scarves for Special Olympics.  The deadline to submit them is February 1st.  I have one almost done, and another started.  My goal is to get three done, hopefully four.  Depends on how much yarn I have left after three.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dit657
on 1/11/12 12:31 am - Boothwyn, PA
Good morning everyone - Steffi, becoming a member of the Pink Ladies?? You go, girl!! Sounds cute! I went darker this time out - winter, darkness - all sort of matched my mood.

I'm back at work today - finally - yesterday it felt like something just sucked the life out of me, so I had a very close relationship with the sofa. Feeling much better today - and actually was last night, too.

Don't think there will be much on my agenda for tonight - I went around the house last night taking pictures of furniture I'm sellng, and writing down dimensions. Also got stuff together for my sister to put on eBay for me, so that's done. We're still waiting to hear from the neighbor's brother on when he wants to meet to discuss the house. It would be nice to get that finalized and out of the way so we can move on with doing other things, but I'm being patient since we are sooo fortunate to have this drop into our laps.

And that's about it for me today - brought a big bag of 'good' foods in for snacks and lunches (actually lunch will be kind of lame but I'll survive).

Take care everyone...Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views